Sunday 18 November 2012

A Look at the Underground

There's a great sprawling expanse running underneath Bupyeong. It' s long, twisting, and nearly impossible to navigate. Many a person has gotten lost in this vast maze, usually going insane from the madness.


Yes, it's the Bupyeong underground shopping center, and it's what I've been obsessed with the last few weeks.

It's like a flea market, only underground, so matter how bad the weather is, it will never interfere with your shopping. It's fairly big, so until you know your way around, it's very easy to get disoriented.

SHOES!! OH MY GAWD SHOES! This one's for my Mom and Auntie, who love to buy shoes. I do not like to buy shoes. I'm surrounded by shoes. Funny how that works.

There are a lot of shops that sell phone accessories and charms. I've never seen so many different cases in my life. Makes the one's in the mall back home look pitiful.





The main hub. This is where the subway entrance is. It you get lost, go back to this spot.

During my travels in the underground labyrinth, I came across a bookstore. This is A Game of Thrones by George R.R. Martin, the Korean version.

You know, they seem thinner. If you look at the spines, you'll see they're split into two parts for each book. Excellent idea, or an epic rip off? You decide!

A pink coat that I want. I don't think it'll fit though. One thing about Korea is that there appears to be only one size...

"What are these?" you ask. Well, I'll tell you, because I know. They're not calculators. They are for making your phone number, and then putting it in your car.

"But why?" Ah, I shall tell you again.

You see, in Korea, parking is sparse. Very sparse. So, people tend to double park or crunch in real close. This can cause people to become trapped. Naturally, this can cause panic, distress, and unbridled rage.

So, to avoid this, people place their cell phone numbers in their windshields so that if they block you or you need them to move, you just call them up and they'll come right on out and move for ya.

One thing I've noticed is how nice the mannequins are. I mean just look at them! They look like supermodels. The mannequins in the store I worked at didn't even have heads!

The place where I get most of my cosmetics. I didn't really care for make up before I came here, but the stuff they have is cute and cheap, I've started to get back into it.

Attack of the nail polish! Run away! It's coming to paint your nails in a rainbow fury!

Some of the stuff I got. The tube on the far left is grapefruit breath freshener. The tube beside it is peach lip balm. There's blue and purple eye shadow, and a mixed blush pot. The bottle is strawberry body wash, and it's the most amazing smelling body wash I've ever smelt. Couldn't resist it.

My phone. It's pink of course. I didn't get a smart phone because the plans are expensive, so this will do. I love my little milk charm. Drink your milk, kiddies!! :)


I hope you enjoyed that expedition to the underground. More adventures are sure to come, so stay tuned!














1 comment: